Information We Collect Through Website and/or App
Personally Identifiable Information (or “PII”) means and includes information that identifies you as an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Website and/or App (for example, to use the Services offered on the Website and/or App ), we may require that you furnish PII. For example, we may ask you to complete a registration form that asks for contact information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone / mobile number, and e-mail address or an order form that asks for financial information like credit card number, expiration date, security code / CVV number and billing address,
For enabling you to make payments using our Services, we may, upon your consent, store your financial information such as details of any bank account (including but not limited to, account holder, account name, account number, sort code, online banking PIN, transaction authentication number) or details mentioned in your credit cards or debit cards or other payment instruments that are required for a successful transaction.
Additionally, when you reserve any Products on the Website and/or App, we may collect certain consumer information (such as products ordered and relevant promotion codes) and delivery information (such as an alternate contact, address, and telephone / mobile number in the event you are not available to collect the product(s) yourself). If you communicate with us by e-mail, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as PII. You may choose not to provide us with certain personal information. In such an event, you can still access and view much of the Website and/or App; however, you may not be able to reserve any products. In addition, you can choose not to provide certain optional information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of the features on the Website and/or App. Note that at no point in time will your security code / CVV number of your credit card be stored by Hip Bar or its payment gateway.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (or “Non-PII”) is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. We and our third party service providers may collect your Non-PII, including information about the device you are using in accessing and/or using the Website and/or App, information from referring websites, and your interaction with the Website and/or App. We and our third party service providers also may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Website and/or App, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code.
Tracking information is automatically collected and stored as you navigate through the Website and/or App, including but not limited to, browser type, page views, Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with the Website’s pages and third party links, and traffic and usage trends on the Website.
IP Addresses are the Internet Protocol addresses of the computer and/or mobile that you are using. Your IP Address is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your internet service provider (“ISP”). Your IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Website and/or App, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) of the Website and/or App that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites.
When you use the App through your smart phone or other mobile device, we automatically collect the device type and advertising identifier, a unique identifier generated within the device, and we may store this information.
How We Use The Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
We and our third party service providers may use your PII and any third party PII that you may provide, as applicable:
- to fulfill your requests, e.g., to allow you to reserve products offered through our partners or to provide you with information that you request;
- to fulfill your purchases (e.g., to process mobile wallet payments in connection with your order);
- to serve you the correct App version depending on your device type;
- to customize content on our Website and App (e.g., the stores that will deliver to your location);
- to send you important information regarding the Website and App, such as certain changes to our terms, conditions, policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be material to your use of the Website and/or App, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications;
- to permit you to participate in contests and other promotions either initiated by Hip Bar or by any of its third party affiliates (collectively, “Promotions”);
- to inform you of products, programs, Services and Promotions that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to engage with you through social media, including through direct messaging;
- to allow you to rate your reservations and view your reservation history; and to suggest other products that you might like based on your reservation history;
- to engage with you in online surveys and use the data collected through such surveys to enhance your experience with the Website and/or App;
- to diagnose and resolve problems with our Website and/or App or servers and for other technical and administrative troubleshooting purposes;
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
- for providing you uninterrupted and satisfactory Services, to administer our relationship with you, to comply with any statutory or regulatory requirement, to monitor your use of our Services for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our user rules.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Because your Non-PII does not personally identify you, we and our third party service providers may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share your Non-PII with our affiliates and with other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we and our third party service providers may combine Non-PII with PII. For example, on your personal profile page, we may display your user name (first name and last initial), “member since” date, and the date range of when you last ordered. If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder (as long as it is so combined).
We and our third party service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Website. Please note that we treat IP addresses, server log files and related information as Non-PII, except where we are required to do otherwise under Applicable Laws. Accordingly, in general we may use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose PII.
When & How We Share Your Information
We and our third party service providers may disclose PII:
- as required to fulfill your purchase (e.g. to our partner stores to enable them to fulfill your order);
- to operate and administer your wallet for providing Services that you have requested;
- to provide services such as payment processing, website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services, to enable them to provide services;
- to identify you to any person to whom you send messages through the Website and/or App;
- to an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy and/or similar proceedings); and
- as we believe to be appropriate: (a) under Applicable Laws; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and/or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and/or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you and/or others; (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies and/or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) for record keeping purposes.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Third Party Websites
We and our third party service providers use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect PII under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through email. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. (Note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.)
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may unsubscribe from receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of those emails.
You may review, correct and/or update certain elements of your PII by adjusting your preferences in the “My Account” section of our Website and/or App. We and our third party service providers are not responsible for altering PII from the databases and/or other records of third parties with whom we and our third party service providers have shared your PII.
Note Regarding the Use of the Website and/or App by Minors
The Website and App are not directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age as mentioned under Applicable Laws, and we request that such individuals not use the Website and App and/or not provide PII through the Website the App.
If you choose to access the Website and/or App, you do so at your own risk, and are responsible for complying with Applicable Laws. We may limit the availability of the Website and/or App, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area and/or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.